Recipe: Fall Pilaf (Rice Pilaf with Apples and Pumpkin Seeds)
This Rice Pilaf is the perfect Fall seasonal side dish. It is exceptional served with chicken, game birds, and fish, especially Grilled Salmon with Fennel Citrus Beurre Blanc. Easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and full of healthy fiber and minerals, this is one of my favorite Fall menu items.
Recipe for Fall Pilaf (Rice Pilaf with Apples and Pumpkin Seeds)
1 cup Brown and Wild Rice Blend (I like Organic Harvest Medley from Costco)
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced apple (half an apple cored but skin on)
1/8 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste (roughly 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper)
Directions for Preparing Fall Pilaf (Rice Pilaf with Apples and Pumpkin Seeds)
Heat olive oil in sauce pot until hot. Add shallot and carrot and cook until soft, roughly 3-5 minutes.
Add apple, stock, pumpkin seeds, and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is cooked and broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally throughout the cooking process.
The Bald Gourmet creates delicious seasonal side dish recipes like Rice Pilaf with Apples and Pumpkin Seeds.
1 Comment + Add Comment
I love hearing from my readers, so please go ahead and leave a comment!
- Joan Wallace on Review: Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwiches
- The Bald Gourmet on Review: Chowder Bowl, Newport, Oregon
- Mike Franklin(manager at the Chowder Bowl) on Review: Chowder Bowl, Newport, Oregon
- Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Fennel Citrus Buerre Blanc | MBSIB: The Man With The Golden Tongs on Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Fennel Citrus Buerre Blanc
- The Bald Gourmet on Review: Janitzio Mexican Restaurant – Best Restaurant Salsa