Recipe: Chipotle Romano Salad with Croutons
This simple yet sophisticated salad is sure to please. It goes great with fish or chicken entrees, or can stand on it’s own as a lite lunch. The vinegar and heat from the Chipotle Tabasco compliment the tangy olive oil, salty cheese, and crunchy croutons perfectly.
- Romain Lettuce, chopped or torn
- Romano Cheese, shaved
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Directions (per person):
Place 2-3 handfuls of lettuce in the center of a plate, forming a mound. Apply the Chipotle Tabasco Sauce to the lettuce, about 5-6 shakes. Place 4 Romano Cheese shavings on the lettuce, and then drizzle olive oil over the lettuce, cheese, and plate, probably about a tablespoon’s worth. Season everything with the black pepper, and then place a handful of croutons on top of the lettuce. Garnish the plate with drops of Chipotle Tabasco Sauce and serve.
To make the cheese shavings, simply run a vegetable peeler across a block of Romano Cheese, being careful not to break the shaving. If you do break one, promptly put it in your mouth and try again.
Recipe by Jothan Yeager
I love hearing from my readers, so please go ahead and leave a comment!
- Rhonda on What are Elderberries?
- Vicki on How to Flavor Yogurt With Less Sugar
- 7 Substitutes for Balsamic Vinegar That Are Cheap and Easy | HeWise Blog on Focus Ingredient: What is Chinese Black Vinegar?
- 34 Things You Can Cook On A Camping Trip – WOWrly on Gourmet Camping Recipe: Sausage and Fennel Grilled Pizza
- TIP OF THE DAY: Baby Purple Artichokes (Fiesole) - THE NIBBLE Blog on How to Clean and Prepare Artichokes to Cook