Recipe: Albacore, Green Bean, and Roasted Potato Salad
This delightfully crisp and fresh salad is so tasty, so healthy, so lite, and so perfect for a summer day lunch. It is best with freshly picked green beans out of a home garden. I like to use assorted varieties and colors of beans to brighten things up even more.
The recipe calls for red onion, strictly for color purposes. I didn’t have a red onion on hand when making this today, so I used white instead. I went for raw instead of roasted today, and soaked them (once sliced) in cold water for about 10 minutes to reduce their strong onion flavor, and recommend doing this as well, regardless of what color of onion you use when serving them raw instead of roasted as my original recipe calls for.
How to Make Albacore, Green Bean, and Roasted Potato Salad
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans, ends snipped
- 2 pounds baby red and/or yellow potatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut in half and then sliced and separated
- 2 cans (6 ounce) Albacore tuna, drained
- ½ cup olive oil + more for roasting
- Fresh juice of 2-3 lemons
- ¼ cup (roughly) fresh dill, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Start by rubbing baby potatoes and red onion in olive oil to coat, seasoning with salt and pepper, and roasting at 400˚until tender (roughly 40 minutes). Set aside and allow to cool.
Blanch green beans until bright green and tender, drain, and immediately place in ice water to stop cooking.
Place potatoes and green beans in large bowl, and combine with red onion, albacore, and fresh dill. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Jothan Yeager, 2006
The Bald Gourmet’s delicious salad recipes are inspired by fresh organic ingredients from his gourmet garden.
2 Comments + Add Comment
I love hearing from my readers, so please go ahead and leave a comment!
- The Bald Gourmet on Review: Chowder Bowl, Newport, Oregon
- Mike Franklin(manager at the Chowder Bowl) on Review: Chowder Bowl, Newport, Oregon
- Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Fennel Citrus Buerre Blanc | MBSIB: The Man With The Golden Tongs on Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Fennel Citrus Buerre Blanc
- The Bald Gourmet on Review: Janitzio Mexican Restaurant – Best Restaurant Salsa
- The Bald Gourmet on Review: Brick 29 Bistro, Nampa, Idaho