Review #2: Pho Bac Vietnamese Beef Noodle
I had the chance to give Pho Bac another try today during my lunch hour. Much better! This time, as my giant bowl of pho was placed in front of me, I inhaled the wonderful sweet smell of star anise. The aroma was a combination of licorice, onions, ginger, and beefy goodness. I’m so happy that they repented of their sins!
The broth tasted delicious, just like what I was hoping for, though it could have used even more star anise for my liking.
I added all the veggies (gosh that Thai basil smells good), mixed in some hoisin sauce and sriracha hot sauce, and went to town.
Pho is so good. It makes a bad day good, and a good day great. The flavors of the herbs, spices, aromatics, and beef all come together in your mouth like a firework show. Just simply fantastic.
Pho Bac’s brisket slices are very good, with a strong beef flavor. But my favorite has to be the beef meatballs. These things are awesome! They have a great texture; chewy, slightly slick on the tongue, and a resistance that almost feels like a very soft crunch. They are seasoned with some great Asian savory seasonings that just make the whole thing come alive. Very very good with the pho broth. When you eat here, make sure you order one of the phos with the meatballs.
I love hearing from my readers, so please go ahead and leave a comment!
- Rhonda on What are Elderberries?
- Vicki on How to Flavor Yogurt With Less Sugar
- 7 Substitutes for Balsamic Vinegar That Are Cheap and Easy | HeWise Blog on Focus Ingredient: What is Chinese Black Vinegar?
- 34 Things You Can Cook On A Camping Trip – WOWrly on Gourmet Camping Recipe: Sausage and Fennel Grilled Pizza
- TIP OF THE DAY: Baby Purple Artichokes (Fiesole) - THE NIBBLE Blog on How to Clean and Prepare Artichokes to Cook