Fresh Garden Meal
I love summer and the delicious garden bounty that it brings. A week ago I had some friends over for a delicious vegetable dinner straight out of my garden. They brought corn on the cob; my garden supplied the rest (only because my corn isn’t ready yet). What an awesome meal. So lite, so healthy, so colorful, so delicious! Here’s what we ate:
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
Easy to make. Just blanch the green beans in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Remove and cool. Then wrap them with bacon and bake at 400° until bacon is cooked, roughly 15 minutes or so.
Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by sauting onions or shallot in butter until soft. Then add a couple tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the beans once taken out of the oven. Oh what happy little bundles of joy.
Baby Potatoes with Garlic and Chives
Just saute the potatoes in olive oil and butter until browned. Then add garlic, chopped onion, and chives, a bit of water, and cover to steam until potatoes are cooked through.
Boiled Beets with Butter
Just boil the beets in water until soft. Strain, and serve hot with butter, salt and pepper. Oh so tasty! One of my favorites.
Panzanella is a seriously underrated salad. It’s so freaking good! Just toss tomatoes, onions, and maybe some cucumbers (as I did here) with some cubed stale bread. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and red/white wine vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fresh, healthy, summery, delicious.
The Bald Gourmet enjoys making fresh, healthy, and delicious meals and gourmet treats from the beautiful organic vegetables from his garden.
I love hearing from my readers, so please go ahead and leave a comment!
- The Bald Gourmet on Review: Chowder Bowl, Newport, Oregon
- Mike Franklin(manager at the Chowder Bowl) on Review: Chowder Bowl, Newport, Oregon
- Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Fennel Citrus Buerre Blanc | MBSIB: The Man With The Golden Tongs on Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Fennel Citrus Buerre Blanc
- The Bald Gourmet on Review: Janitzio Mexican Restaurant – Best Restaurant Salsa
- The Bald Gourmet on Review: Brick 29 Bistro, Nampa, Idaho