Camping may not be the food destination traveling concept I had when creating The Bald Gourmet, but I'm finding that these little weekend excursions in my close to home mountains are very rewarding and worth sharing. They are also creating some fun and exciting cooking adventures as I take my skills in the kitchen to the outdoors and cook on open flame and coals with limited equipment and ingredients. Mighty fun for me. I hope you enjoy them as well.
It’s the middle of January and I took my scout crew camping this past weekend in Garden Valley Idaho. It […]
Oh what fun I had pushing the bounds of campfire cooking last weekend with this delicious creation of pork loin, […]
Ah, camping. Is there anything better than waking up in the forest surrounded by the songs of birds, the rushing […]
I tried pushing the bounds of campfire cooking again this weekend while camping with some friends. Wood fired pizza is […]
Inspiration hit as I was preparing for a scout camp outing this past weekend. I wanted to show the boys […]
This easy to prepare gourmet breakfast will impress your spouse, friends, scouts, and neighboring squirrels. Sweet peaches, candied pecans, and […]
Southern Idaho’s forest are not the lush, green forests I’m accustomed to, but I’m finding that they have a rustic […]
So this may not really be “gourmet”, but when covered in dirt and surrounded with nothing but trees and squirrels […]
There’s a lot more available than hot dogs and marshmallows when planning your camping meals. I went on a scout […]
- Rhonda on What are Elderberries?
- Vicki on How to Flavor Yogurt With Less Sugar
- 7 Substitutes for Balsamic Vinegar That Are Cheap and Easy | HeWise Blog on Focus Ingredient: What is Chinese Black Vinegar?
- 34 Things You Can Cook On A Camping Trip – WOWrly on Gourmet Camping Recipe: Sausage and Fennel Grilled Pizza
- TIP OF THE DAY: Baby Purple Artichokes (Fiesole) - THE NIBBLE Blog on How to Clean and Prepare Artichokes to Cook