Browsing "Focus Ingredients"
Anyone who has ever had the "privilege" of stepping into my pantry has seen all sorts of ingredients and sauces that they have never heard of before. I am an ingredient whore. I love them. And I love the delicious treats they allow me to make and share with others. Though I can't write about all of them, I can share a few with you that you really should incorporate into your cooking. Not only will we review where they come from, what they taste like, and what they are used for, but we will also discuss practical uses and alternative substitutions for them.
What in the heck are garlic scapes? What in the world do you with them? Garlic scapes are the flower […]
The Pig’s Ears mushroom (Gomphus clavatus) is in the Chanterell family, and is found at the same time and areas […]
If I have a “secret” ingredient in my cooking, it has to be Onion Powder. This is a must have […]
The Hedgehog Mushroom (Hydnum repandum) has to be one of the elite in the world of delicious wild mushrooms. This […]
Angel Wings (Pleurocybella porrigens) are one of my favorite wild mushrooms, if nothing else just for their beauty. There’s something […]
Dried chilies are the quintessential ingredient in Mexican cuisine, namely because they originated in the Americas. However, dear old Christopher […]
What a tasty little find this is! The Gyromitra gigas is related to the common gourmet Morel mushroom, and is […]
Star Anise History and Uses Star Anise is one of my absolute favorite spices. It comes from the seed pod […]
- Rhonda on What are Elderberries?
- Vicki on How to Flavor Yogurt With Less Sugar
- 7 Substitutes for Balsamic Vinegar That Are Cheap and Easy | HeWise Blog on Focus Ingredient: What is Chinese Black Vinegar?
- 34 Things You Can Cook On A Camping Trip – WOWrly on Gourmet Camping Recipe: Sausage and Fennel Grilled Pizza
- TIP OF THE DAY: Baby Purple Artichokes (Fiesole) - THE NIBBLE Blog on How to Clean and Prepare Artichokes to Cook