Browsing "Focus Ingredients"
Anyone who has ever had the "privilege" of stepping into my pantry has seen all sorts of ingredients and sauces that they have never heard of before. I am an ingredient whore. I love them. And I love the delicious treats they allow me to make and share with others. Though I can't write about all of them, I can share a few with you that you really should incorporate into your cooking. Not only will we review where they come from, what they taste like, and what they are used for, but we will also discuss practical uses and alternative substitutions for them.
2015 marked an amazing year for me; the birth of my beautiful baby girl, a new exciting job, a move […]
Wow! If you’re looking for a creamy, decadent, flavor packed new twist on classic fettuccine alfredo, try our smoked salmon […]
I was recently given a sampler box of Sun Valley Smoked Trout and Wild Alaskan Salmon from Two Rivers Smoked […]
My first experience with butternut squash soup was at a small local restaurant in Tualatin, Oregon about 15 years ago. […]
If you’ve spent a lot of time in the kitchen, you probably know how to make quick work of hard […]
I was recently in the lush green forests of SW Washington State. I walked on deep red bark and needle paths […]
Here’s a little jewel I just discovered this year, the Yellow Foot, or Winter Chanterelle mushroom. It’s a tiny little […]
If you don’t know some common edible mushrooms, I highly encourage you to start learning now. There is something […]
While on our recent Fall mushroom hunt, we found well over 50 pounds of delicious gourmet fungus. Chanterelles were […]
- Rhonda on What are Elderberries?
- Vicki on How to Flavor Yogurt With Less Sugar
- 7 Substitutes for Balsamic Vinegar That Are Cheap and Easy | HeWise Blog on Focus Ingredient: What is Chinese Black Vinegar?
- 34 Things You Can Cook On A Camping Trip – WOWrly on Gourmet Camping Recipe: Sausage and Fennel Grilled Pizza
- TIP OF THE DAY: Baby Purple Artichokes (Fiesole) - THE NIBBLE Blog on How to Clean and Prepare Artichokes to Cook