Browsing "Cooking 101"
Cooking 101 is designed for those who are new to cooking. It features basic concepts, tips, and instructional "how to" posts. Think of it as a virtual cooking class that focuses on techniques and skills that not only will save you time, but will help you to become a better and more confident cook in your own kitchen. Though intended for beginners, this section may prove useful for experienced cooks as well. Either way, I hope you find the information posted here helpful, educational, and fun. Get to cooking! There's a world of deliciousness waiting for you there.
I’ve seen bottles of spiced and/or herbed vinegar for sale in stores for years. I’ve even owned a few to […]
One thing I’ve noticed again and again when teaching cooking classes is that most of my students do not come […]
Stop the insanity of buying ridiculously overpriced dried herbs at the grocery store! Drying your own herbs at home is […]
Pie. It’s such a simple dessert. One which has stood the test of time for centuries. One which incites memories […]
Canning tomatoes at home is easy and fun to do. It’s not difficult, but does take some time. But is […]
There aren’t many things easier to do which add so much flavor to dishes than making your own roasted peppers. […]
Garlic Paste is just mashed up fresh garlic. It is a common technique for using garlic in vinaigrettes and sauces […]
Dried chilies are the quintessential ingredient in Mexican cuisine, namely because they originated in the Americas. However, dear old Christopher […]
I often wonder why people buy bagged croutons at the store when they are so easy and inexpensive to make […]
- Rhonda on What are Elderberries?
- Vicki on How to Flavor Yogurt With Less Sugar
- 7 Substitutes for Balsamic Vinegar That Are Cheap and Easy | HeWise Blog on Focus Ingredient: What is Chinese Black Vinegar?
- 34 Things You Can Cook On A Camping Trip – WOWrly on Gourmet Camping Recipe: Sausage and Fennel Grilled Pizza
- TIP OF THE DAY: Baby Purple Artichokes (Fiesole) - THE NIBBLE Blog on How to Clean and Prepare Artichokes to Cook