Browsing "Cooking 101"
Cooking 101 is designed for those who are new to cooking. It features basic concepts, tips, and instructional "how to" posts. Think of it as a virtual cooking class that focuses on techniques and skills that not only will save you time, but will help you to become a better and more confident cook in your own kitchen. Though intended for beginners, this section may prove useful for experienced cooks as well. Either way, I hope you find the information posted here helpful, educational, and fun. Get to cooking! There's a world of deliciousness waiting for you there.
My wife and I have been doing a clean eating exercise the past couple weeks, and though low-fat yogurt is […]
Have you been over paying for spreadable butter from the grocery store? Are you like me and have repeatedly done […]
Until recently, I haven’t really pursued making my own beef stock. I’ve been making chicken stock for years, and I’ve […]
My inlaws gave me an awesome Christmas gift this year…..a hand hammered carbon steel wok. Do they know me or […]
If you’ve spent a lot of time in the kitchen, you probably know how to make quick work of hard […]
A frittata is a classic Italian egg dish, similar to a French omelet or a quiche, which is typically enriched […]
Ah, artichokes. One of my favorite little treats. Good steamed and dipped in butter or mayonnaise, stuffed and baked, or […]
It’s the end of the garden season and your pepper plants are loaded with mature and young peppers. You quickly […]
So many people are intimidated with filleting fish. But it really is simple to do and is much less expensive […]
- Rhonda on What are Elderberries?
- Vicki on How to Flavor Yogurt With Less Sugar
- 7 Substitutes for Balsamic Vinegar That Are Cheap and Easy | HeWise Blog on Focus Ingredient: What is Chinese Black Vinegar?
- 34 Things You Can Cook On A Camping Trip – WOWrly on Gourmet Camping Recipe: Sausage and Fennel Grilled Pizza
- TIP OF THE DAY: Baby Purple Artichokes (Fiesole) - THE NIBBLE Blog on How to Clean and Prepare Artichokes to Cook